Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Exhausted...with myself?


            It has been a while since I have last updated this blog.  To be honest, I couldn’t even tell you why.  The semester ended over a week ago and I have had more time to myself.  But it is possible that my discipline wasn’t put in place to have more time.  However, my summer semester is about to start and a schedule is about to be put into place.  I have so many goals to complete this summer that it would be a shame to see the days pass by without doing anything about it.
            Over the next three months, I will be starting something new on this blog, I will be moving to a different town and apartment, I will be taking two online courses, and I will be continuing to work.  On top of this, I have already created my summer reading list that doesn’t include just my studies.
            However, in order to do all of this, I have to learn how to step outside of my head and start living in the real world.  My last entry was about my own confidence faltering.  About not being good enough compared to the people around me, including my own boyfriend.  As I have stepped away from those negative feelings for the time being and hopefully permanently, I have realized something new.  Exhaustion has haunted me.
            The other morning, I was at work, setting up the store before we opened and I realized how exhausted I was.  Given, it was 4:30am.  However, I was quick to realize it wasn’t just the exhaustion of not sleeping well the night before, but that I was exhausted of talking.  I didn’t want to tell everyone things over and over again.  I didn’t want to repeat the process of complaining that something wasn’t happening or was happening.  I just wanted everything to settle down and just be.   Some things just cannot be changed.  But as I was thinking about all of this, I realized this wasn’t happening in the present world with human interaction.  Sure, some of it was, we cannot avoid it.  But a majority of my frustrations were coming from inside of me.  My inner conflicts. 
            I was baffled by the idea that I was exhausted with my own being.  I was exhausted with the inner debates inside of my head and the frustrations that I was feeling with myself and no one else.  I hadn’t realized all of the talking that was going on inside of my head and how much it was affecting the life that I was living currently. It made me realize that I have full conversations in my head and plan out every little thing that I say.  This makes real conversations difficult because they have to happen in a very similar way and setting.  It takes a while for me to have serious discussion because of this factor because while I am debating every possible scenario in my head, I am distancing myself from that person I need to be having a discussion with.
            But I need to learn how to work through my social anxiety and just out right talk to people and have discussions with those people before my head has a chance to analyze every last bit of information.  This will not only leave me with more energy, but hopefully benefit me in the new place that I am living.  Because in a few weeks, I should be in a new apartment complex, with a new community and new opportunities that I cannot let get away from me.  The catch is that I will be in this new place by myself because Eric will be away for seven weeks come July.  My anxiety will soon be tested.  Hopefully for the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment